Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Why are Salvadorians so controlling?

My husband and I lived with his family for awhile before we got our own place (thank God). His family seemed to think that my husband was their property. And they expected me to clean up everyone's mess. Its like they wanted me to be the slave of the house. Not only that but they were very racist and kept telling my husband to leave me for an Hispanic women because they 'take care' of their men. Basically, just because I wasn't slaving away they thought I wasn't taking care of him. I did used to clean but they did not seem to care that I did because not one of them said thank you and they would make it a mess again and expect me to clean it. After awhile I just decided that I wasn't going to put up with their bullshit. They don't seem to like it when you tell them no because after that they started taking it out on my husband and trying to make him feel bad and put him against me. I got him to realize that it was not me but them. They would say that I was 'too skinny' when I am 128lbs and 5'4" when is in my weight range. I just don't understand how people can be so cruel. Its like they want control of else they will make your life a living hell which is what they did. I would complain that they should be more clean because they wouldn't flush the toilet and they would throw their toilet paper in the trash can. I can not believe how disgusting they were. Also they don't put there food away because its left out all night and the roaches would walk all over it and his mom would still reheat it and expect us to eat it. NO WAY! That is disgusting. His father seemed to believe women were supposed to ALWAYS cook. Sometimes my husband would want to cook and his father would yell at him and say, "What are you doing?! Your women should be cooking." Wtf?? That man has never lifted a finger in his life. He does not know how to do anything because his wife always does everything for him. He would always give me this cold stare. I would try to talk to him but he would look at me like I was crazy. So I stopped talking to him but then he would say that I was rude. Its like his entire family was crazy. His sister seemed to hate me because I was thinner than her and she was upset because they were always stuffing her and she was raised to not refuse food. Its so sad...I tried so hard to like them and to be nice to them but they seemed to just want to make our lives miserable. I'm not saying all Salvodorians are like this but why are some like this? Right now we haven't spoken to them in over a year. Everytime they call my husband they seem to only want one thing...money. They say, "Its your responsibility to take care of us." That so sad that they think that he is 'supposed' to take care of them his entire life. He has given them so much money in the past and when he finally stopped and realized what they were doing and that it was all they cared about he knew what he had to do. To get out of there and to finally live his own life. Not the life they wanted him to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment